Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 30 - Rest Day.

I am in the best mood ever! I had a really good day today, and have just recieved a few exciting emails which will benefit the walk - will elaborate on these later!!! Woke up and watched a replay of the rugby with Craig. It was really sad to say goodbye to the Foss family, and I am still gutted. Thanks for being such wonderful hosts. I really enjoyed my time with you, and am stoked to have sampled the best steak ever cooked (well done Craig!!). I spent the day by myself, spending most of it in Hastings. I treated myself to brunch and read the paper. I even checked out a few of the sights (Te Mata Peak, Cape Kidnappers). On my way to Waipukarau, I picked up some fresh fruit from a few of the orchards. I arrived at my accommodation for the night. The Clark's cooked a fantastic roast pork, and we had a few afternoon drinks in the sun.I have a radio interview tomorrow at 730am. Thanks to Craig and Susana Clark for organising that! I am also meeting up with Sue (from Saturday...), who will walk a bit of the distance. I am sad to be leaving the Hawke's Bay, but on the same token, am really excited to be arriving in Wellington this week. The trip is going SO quickly, I can't beleive I am up to day 30 already - only 40 more to go!!!
Emma.

No comments: