Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 12

Hi,

I am really quite tired tonight!! I have had early starts and late nights for the majority of the trip - I think it is catching up with me now!!

Day 2 of film crew following my every move... I think it is going ok. A bit strange having them around, but all good fun.

I had my 30 seconds of fame on Breakfast tv this morning. I hope I did ok. It was very stressful getting to the location, and I was stuck in the Auckland traffic for 50 minutes - I really didn't think I would make it!!! Afterwards, I got recognised a few times along Queen Street.

Walked from Auckland CBD to Papakura today. It was an interesting walk, as it was all along footpath (along Great South Road).
Was a good walk, walking on footpaths is a lot more pleasant.

I had Amanda and her 4yr old son, Elliott, walk with me today (Elliott was pushed in a stroller!!). Amanda set a really good pace, and we ended up walking together for about 1 and a half hours.

I also spent a bit of time with the Crew from LJ Hookers (Manuwera). Dylan, Allan (Manukau), and the crew did a really good job. We also had the help of Sally, a Manuwera 'Ambassador', for most of the afternoon. Dylan and the team put on a BBQ, and raised quite a bit of money. Thanks guys.

I am staying with family tonight and tomorrow, so that is really great. I also caught up with some family this afternoon. My aunty even brought me my own strawberries!! (as per rant on day 2, about team getting strawberries and rocky road!!).

Tomorrow (Rest day), I am talking at Ramarama School's assembly, having morning tea with Auckland's mayor (John Banks), Meeting some friends for lunch, and catching up with another friend in the afternoon - I am tired just thinking about it!!

Thanks for all your support!!

Emma.

No comments: