Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 6

Feeling heaps better today. Am really looking forward to walking tomorrow!! It is a 50+ km walk which will take me south of Whangarei (sorry about my spelling dad!!).
Tonight I have a (buffet) dinner & dance in Kerekere. I have really been looking forward to it. All the tickets have sold out, and it sounds like it will be a huge success. Most of the people I have met and stayed with thus far will be there, as will a lot of people I have spoken to on the phone over the past couple of months. A lot of work has been put into this dinner - I am particularly impressed that we will be taken to and from the venue in a limo!!!
I got $400's worth of donations to my fundraise online site yesterday. The Northland CF branch also held a raffle and raised about the same amount.
Another highlight will be my interview on classic hits (Whangarei) tomorrow.
Not too much else to report.
Emma.

3 comments:

kelly said...

Hi Emma
I just read about your walk in the Whangarei leader. Its not very clear though, what is it your doing and what do we do to support you? are you walking alone?

Steve Conroy said...

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm".
Emerson

Sounds like you have regained a bit of enthusiasm and enjoyment after a couple of down days. Your journey is kind of like one of our overseas football trips - situations, enthusiasm, difficulties, fun, challenges etc change constantly and test your resolve.

Keep it up Ems! You are wonderful.

God Bless
Steve

Claire said...

Hi Emma
You are amazing. Hope you have a great night tonight. Can't wait to hear of your continued successes. I hope Mum and Dad are keeping clippings from all the media coverage as I am keen to read each and every one of them. All the best for your continued success. Love and best wishes always, Claire