Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 16 - Rest Day.

I enjoyed a bit of a sleep in this morning, which is hard to do with all the 530am starts I have been enduring!!
Was able to get along to Hamilton Central Baptist church this morning. Great to get to a church - awesome service.
Next it was off to get accupuncture for my recent quad strain. Thanks very much to Lisa Hansen, who donated her time and equiptment to sort me out (coming in on a Sunday, and after completeing a fun run!!!). Turns out a reoccurring back injury is the cause of my quad discomfort - will be exciting to see how this all plays out down the track...
Brought a new pair of running shoes today also, as I wore my first pair out (completely!!!) on Saturday.
I have just returned from speaking at a school chapel service. It was a great little service, and I was asked to talk on the topic of determination and how determination has shaped my walk. Hopefully I did ok. I am noticing that the groups I am asked to address increase in size each time!
I was also invited to meet and have coffee with the school staff and members of the Waikato CF community. It was a really neat occassion, and I met some truley wonderful and generous people.
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank St. Paul's Collegiate and its staff (Particulalry Keith & Claudette, Margaret, Andrew, Greg, and Trevor), and everyone else who has made it possible for the crew and myself to stay on-site. Thanks very much, it has been (particularly) awesome not having to cook for ourselves!!!
Emma.
(My apologies if my blog updates are becoming increasingly incoherent - busy days and late nights!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your new shoes are comfortable and don't pick up stones in the sole! It was fantastic to have you here. Nathan especially misses you. Looking forward to keeping up with your progress. We are walking with you in spirit.

The Burgesses