Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 21 - rotorua - Golden Springs.

I am feeling 100% and am really enjoying myself. We have raised over $11,500 thus far, and I have walked just short of 700km (as of this afternoon). I also believe we are successfully raising awareness of CF (although this is hard to measure). The trip is going so fast, and we are nearly 1/3 through!! (I am already making plans for my next big fundraiser - hopefully Mum & Dad don't read this update!!).
Paul & I had an interview at the More FM studio this morning. The interview went really well, and is probably the most enjoyable thus far, lots of laughs, however, we still managed to promote the cause quite well.
We then went in to town to meet the crew from LJ Hooker. There was a huge turn out, with what looked like the entire office out to support us! Thanks to Malcom and the team, it was a successful morning, with plenty of donations (Thank you to everyone who donated - much appreciated!!).
A warm day here - I am not winning the battle against sun burn (I am, however, acquiring a pretty awesome tan).
I began walking at about 11am. It is great to be on familiar roads, and I am really looking forward to walking in to Taupo tomorrow.Thanks to all the motorists who toot and wave as they drive past - great encouragement (thanks also for giving me plenty of room to walk!!).
Paul joined me for about 2hrs today, which was good fun (he gets frustrated at not being able to keep up - which motivates me to walk faster). I also got a chance to read the article Paul & I were interviewd for (yesterday). Good article, Paul looks great, it is a pitty I don't take good photos!!
Finally, Thanks to Ross & Liz (Paul's parents), Lisa & Ross (Paul's brother & sister). It has been great staying with you for the past 3 nights. I have really enjoyed myself (I know the crew has too)!
On to Taupo tomorrow.
Emma.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

700 km's!!! You're a walking machine Emma. Thinking of you. We leave for Taupo tomorrow and hopefully we can catch up over da weekend - will txt u!

Love Peter and Helen

Unknown said...

Hi Emma, Thank you so much for what you have done so far, you and your crew are truly amazing. The dollars you have raised is incredable, but also the awareness is just as if not more important. Thank you so much. I hope the crew enjoy our place in Taupo fpr the weekend. Stephanie & Tayler Payne

Hewetts said...

Go Emma. Thomas & Rachel are reading your updates each day.
Rachel is wondering if you are having juice and lollipops? You are magnificent.
Take Care
Michelle, Damian, Thomas & Rachel

claire said...

Hi Emma
U r doing so well. We are very proud of what you have accomplished so far. Hope you are taking good care of yourself, getting plenty of sleep. Can't believe that you are 1/3 of the way all ready. I love reading your blog. Be safe. Love Claire, Warren and Pheobe