Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 20 - Rest day.

Early start again today. Had a radio interview on Classic Hits (Rotorua). Then it was off to a Mayoral reception, with Rotorua's Mayor, Kevin Winter. I really enjoyed myself and alot of effort was put into organising this event. Thank you to all involved!!! I was then interviewed for two Rotorua newspapers. I have also been asked for interviews with a few Taupo newspapers / radio stations, when I walk into Taupo on Saturday. I went out for lunch with Paul's Mum, Liz, at their cafe (Relish) Lunch was awesome, and it was great to meet the staff (Rob & Rex did a great job!). Then it was off to the Polynesian Spas for a soak.Tomorrow I begin walking at 8am from Ngongataha. LJ Hooker is helping to collect donations as I walk through Rotorua. People are most welcome to join me in walking through the streets. I will arrive at the Novatel hotel at 930am, and we will go from there...Going out for dinner with the crew and Paul's family tonight. Liz has promised we will be home in time for Coronation Street. Hopefully I can get to bed reasonably early tonight (before Midnight!!!!).
Thanks for all the messages / texts of support - they are greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Steve Conroy said...

"Those who are fired with an enthusiastic idea and who allow it to take hold and dominate their thoughts find that new worlds open for them. As long as enthusiasm holds out, so will new opportunities."
Norman Vincent Peale

You sound like you are really enthusiastic about your adventure. Your blogs are very postive without introspective negative reflection.

You have made 650km! That is a huge effort!

Keep it up,
God Bless
Steve