Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 26 - Rest day.

Tried to sleep in this morning, but I am so used to pre-6am starts, that I woke up early anyway!!
Pretty relaxed day. Had a phone interview for More FM. Got a hair cut (Thanks to Anna, the hairdresser, for the donation!!). I also got the opportunity to meet up with a friend of mine for coffee. It started to rain this afternoon, something I didn't think possible in HB!!!
Chris and Ange did a fantastic job of hosting a BBQ at their place tonight. A few of the members of the CF community in the Hawke's Bay came around. It was a really fantastic night, and I had the opportunity to meet some really wonderful people, and learn more about CF, and its effects.
A HUGE thanks to Chris & Ange, not only for the BBQ, but also for all the support you have given me over the last few months... Without your involvement, I don't think I would have bothered coming to the HB.
8am start tomorrow from Eskdale to Hastings. Chris has said he will walk the first 3 hours with me tomorrow, which I am really excited about!!!
Emma.

1 comment:

Steve Conroy said...

Emma,

It is all go for your visit to Tawa College. Can you estimate 1. Time that you will arrive in Tawa (25 km from Paekakariki to Tawa). 2. How much rest you need before an assembly (lunch, catch-up with teachers etc). Then we can arrange the timing of the assembly.

Also, I am keen to have a group from school to walk with you from Paekakariki. Is this OK? What safety measures would we have to sort out? Clothing? Other?

Hear from you soon.

Steve