Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 2

Covered 55km today (an extra 15km). We started just before 8, and I stopped walking at 6pm. we had a few breaks along the way. I was pretty stoked to cover 14km in the first 2 hrs - averaging 7km p/h!! I am only 9km behind schedule now, and should be able to make that up easy tomorrow. I would like to get up to the stage where I am even ahead of shcedule - we'll see how I go.
I wore my old trusty pair of trainers today, so didn't have any problem with new blisters (just the existing ones to worry about!!). I am trying to get the ADIDAS shoes changed to a larger size.. when I tried them on, my feat wern't swollen, so I think that is causing the blisters!!
Tommorrow I walk through and beyond Kaitia. LJ Hooker is hosting a bit of a BBQ so I am looking forward to that!
I also hope to buy some more fruit when I arrive.. My diest has consisted of bananas and water - so a bit of variation will be a welcome change!!
The local papers up here have made a big deal about the walk, so I am getting recognised and alot of people are coming over to chat, or donate $$. I was even a bit miffed that the 3 crew members all got strawberries and rocky road handed to them... (I didnt't, and I was doing the walking!!!!!!).
Crew are all well. I think the long periods of being stuck in a car are getting to them - Evening conversations are a laugh.
I think that is all to report. I am pretty stiff tonight so am hoping that I will improve by the morning. Achilles played up for the first 20km but was fine after that.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Way to go Emma. It is great that you are getting support. Hope tomorrow goes just as well. Take care. Love Claire

Claire said...

hi it's Sarah and Jasmine remember us you came to Pinehaven school to answer questions!!!!!
Hope it's going well for you!
By the way...
How far do you plan to walk tomorrow?
From Sarah and Jasmine
Room 7 Pinehaven School!

Steve Conroy said...

"“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect it’s successful outcome.”
–William James

Excellent work Emma! Keep it going - you are a star.
God Bless, Steve.

Student Room 7 said...

hi its georgina and kym here we your walk is going well. we hope to wish you luck for the walk and that you want get any more blisters. ps we also hope you get lots of donations.
kym and georgina room7 pinehaven school.