Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 22 & 23 (Golden Springs - Taupo / Rest Day).

Day 22:Started the day off a bit later than anticipated. We decided to spend a bit of time with Liz & Ross (Paul's parents), at their cafe (Relish) in Rotorua. I was pleased to spend a bit of time with them, and I am missing them already! Pretty slow day on the walking front. My left shin is playing up, and is really quite sore. I was really lucky to have my Mum & Dad drive up from Wellington to meet me. Dad even walked the last 31km with me (legend)!!!! I really enjoyed yesterdays walk (despite being sore), as I was walking familiar roads, and eventually arrived in Taupo.I was really lucky to have Murray and Denise Fleming join me for the last 7km. Their son Aaron, has raised a bit of money for CF over the years by doing Ironman and various other things. He has been a bit of an inspiration to me, so was good to meet his folks. Finished the day off with a spa and some thai take-aways with my Mum, Dad, and Grandma.
Day 23:'Rest' day today. Went to Taupo Baptist this morning (9am service!!!). Friends of mine from Wellington, Helen & Peter, are up in Taupo for the weekend also. They came along to church with me. Then the 3 of us met up with my parents and Grandma for a coffee.
The highlight of my day has been the jet boat ride on the 'Rapids Jet' in Taupo. Dad came along and we both had a great time (despite getting a bit wet). A BIG THANK YOU to James Tazewll, Martin Tazewell, our driver Rusty, and Sam. It was an awesoem experience, and well worth doing. Thank you for the opportunity!!! I will try to put a few pics up in due course.
I am off to get some lunch and go home to catch up on reading the paper.
I have a newspaper interview this afternoon. I will also be on Newstalk ZB tomorrow morning at 815am. Next, I am off to Hilltop School (The primary school I went to). I will be speaking at a special assembly and having a bit if a tour (I am sure it has changed since I first started...15yrs ago!!!).
Tomorrow I walk the Napier-Taupo road - hopefully the shin doesn't play up to much!!!
Emma.

No comments: