Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 15 - Meremere (ish) - Huntly.

Hi,
Today was a bit tough! Very hot in the Waikato (Nations highest temp on 23 degrees). I got a bit burnt, despite applying sunscreen hourly!!Was a good road to walk on. Followed the Waikato exspressway, which had a cycle lane etc. Nice big shoulder, and flat road.
Unfortunately, I have worn out my first pair of shoes - right through! My feet are quite sore as a result, but I am sure this will not be a problem long term. I am off to buy another pair tomorrow, as my ADIDAS shoes are off to be exchanged for a bigger size.
We are staying in Hamilton tonight, at St Pauls Collegiate boarding school. Tomorrow is a rest day. I hope to get along to a church in the morning, then I am collecting donations at a fun run. I am also going to get some accupuntcure on my right quad (as it has been playing up a bit over the last few days). I will try and catch up with a friend while I am here, before having an afternoon tea with the Hamilton CF community, and others. Finally, I have been asked to talk at a chapel service tomorrow night (at St. Pauls) - the topic is determination.
Tuesday: I will be meeting at Pack 'n' Save (Mill st, Hamilton), at 9am. A group of us will walk through the streets of Hamilton (on my way to Cambridge and Karipero). All welcome to join us.
Emma.

1 comment:

Nei-Nei Neina-Marie said...

This blog is great. I hope you post to it everyday, I'll be watching!