Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 47.

Good day walking today. Shins not as sore as they have been over the passed few days/weeks - (at least now they don't hurt when I breath!!). The weather is not typical south island weather... Overcast, wet, and windy for most of the day (good 'walking' weather). Came across a couple I met while walking in Foxton, they are travelling the south island at the moment. They pulled over and donated some more money which was good. Also had a few people wave and toot as I walked - good encouragement. I am spending the next 2 nights in Hanmer Springs. Am about to get some dinner and head to the hot pools. Paul & Sharon have gone ahead to Christchurch, so I am enjoying a few days by myself.
I am looking forward to arriving in Christchurch on Friday / Saturday, and catching up with friends. There is a BBQ on fri night with some of the members of the Chch CF community. I am also really excited about having lunch with Bob Parker (Chch's Mayor), on Sunday and walking with Nicky Wagner, and Aaron Gilmore (2 Chch MP's), on Saturday.

No comments: