Friday, December 5, 2008

Day 35.

I was really fortunate to get an invite to the Mayor's Christmas Party, in Palmerston North last night. I wasn't expecting it to be as big as it was, there must have been at least 350 people (a bit more than the 20-ish I imagined!!). I was introduced by the mayor, and spoke a little about the walk and CF. I was caught a bit off guard, as I didn't know I was required to speak!!!
We did a bit of a bucket collection, and pulled in just under $500. Thank you very much, Mayor Naylor, for the invite. I had a wonderful time, and am really pleased I had the opportunity to meet you, your wife, other city councilors. and guests.

I then drove to Levin and got some dinner. Nathan Guy, MP for Otaki, very kindly organised accommodation for myself and Paul, during our time in Levin. Nathan turned up with ice cream sundaes, and hung out with us for a while. Thanks once again, Nathan, for all your support - It is much appreciated!!!

I began walking this morning just before 9. I was really lucky to have my friend Ferg drive up from Wellington, to join me. We set a very good pace, and managed to maintain that for most of the day. We had a great time playing 'car cricket'. Ferg gets a special mention, as he walked with me the whole day!! Good effort.

Early start tomorrow. I have a dinner in Wellington to be at, and turning up late is not a good look. My Dad and some friends are joining me tomorrow, which will be good.

It is really great to be back in Wellington, and at home with my family!! Busy few days ahead...

No comments: