Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sunday Star Times.

48 hours until I take my first step in Cape Reinga!!

I have the day off from exams today, with my last one tomorrow afternoon. After the exam, it will be straight off to the airport and on my way north!!

I still haven't packed my bags and am a bit concerned about how much stuff I have to take away. A box of gear arrived at my place yesterday. Inside were my 6 pairs of ADIDAS shoes, 10 pairs of socks, and pair of skins. I have been trying to wear the shoes in around the house, and they are feeling pretty comfortable so far. I also have to figure out a way of packing my protein bars - all 102!!

I have just had a photographer from the Sunday Star Times around. He took what felt like 200 photos of me walking toward him, away from him, crouching, standing, leaning on a post - and all other poses imaginable! It was quite an experience and hopefully I didn't make his job TOO difficult (I am not the most photogenic!!). Article will be in this Sunday's paper (2/11).

I also got a text from my 'Oxfam trail walk' team mate, Hannah, who said I had made the front page of todays Wellingtonian. I haven't seen it yet, but it could be good for a laugh (again, not so keen on photos, but apparently the article is really well written!!).

Last night was the last time I will see my mates until I reach Wellington on Dec 8th. We did our usual Wednesday night thing, starting at the Back Bencher Pub in Wellington, and finishing at the Welsh bar. We have done the same thing every Wednesday for the best part of this year, so it was a bit sad to say goodbye to everyone.
There is talk of a bit of a party at the Welsh bar once I arrive in Wellington, so will keep you updated (apparently some of the Hurricanes players will also make an appearance!!).

Anyway, I am off to visit a friend (in the knowledge that these bags wont pack themselves!!).

Flick me a text/email if you are keen on joining me in walking some of the distance - The itinerary is on the 'Emma's Walk for a Cure' facebook page & Fundraiseonline page.

Emma.
027 464 33 49.

No comments: