Monday, October 27, 2008

No longer 19...

Only 3 days until I begin!!!

Today is my 20th birthday, so I am no longer the 19 year old university student about to walk the length of NZ for charity.

I sat my Geography exam this morning, and have my International Relations exam tomorrow morning. My final Public Policy exam is on Friday afternoon. I might try to catch the Brazil v England Football match at the stadium on Thursday – depending on how much I get done before then!

I am getting bit nervous about the whole thing now, but am really looking forward to beginning - the worst part is the waiting around!!! I am confident I will settle into my new routine relatively quickly.

My Grandparents came up from the south Island on Friday afternoon, and spent the weekend with us.
My other Grandma has been staying with us for the past 2 weeks.
I spent quite a bit of time with my Aunty & Uncle and my Great Aunty and her partner over the weekend also!
It has been really good spending time with my family.
I know I will miss them all terribly while I am away.

On Sunday I had a BBQ with family and close friends. It was really good fun, and a great opportunity to say goodbye to everyone. I got a lot of really cool gifts too!
I also had the opportunity to go out for dinner one last time with the ATRA girls on Saturday night.
I think I must have over-done it a bit, as I am a bit sick now, and am feeling a bit sorry for myself in bed.

It has been a bit sad finishing up at work as well. I work 3 part-time jobs and have finished up with all but one of them.

I was also really on to it and on Thursday, voted in the general election.

Nothing else to report really… Over the next couple of days I will be packing my bags, uploading some new CD’s to my IPOD, and just sorting a few final things.

Emma.

No comments: